Monday, January 9, 2012

Update hexa blanket

The hexagon blanket I'm working on is coming together slowly. Do you remember all the centres I crocheted before?

I put it aside to knit two hats for a friends little girl (I'll show them soon!), and when I went back to crochet another row I made a terrible mistake...
The pattern I use is by Lucy at attic24. As you can see here:



after the third round you make 3 chains to keep the center a circular form. It isn't until the next round that you make 3dc clusters in the ch3 spaces.

As I had been working on something else, I didn't fully remember the pattern. If you crochet you'll know that a lot of patterns have 3dc's in the space between dc's in the previous round. Well, not this pattern... Worse of it all is that I didn't notice until an entire row was finished... :( My o my, stupid me...

I looked at it and contemplated what to do. Since it would take a lot of time to take them out and crochet that part again, I decided to just continue with the correct pattern. It's always possible to take that row out later, if it would really bother me.
Well, it does! Every time I accidentaly look at that row, it's just... I really have to take it out.




This photograph was taken at this angle to cover up that row, so I'm curious if you'll spot it.

What about you? What's your biggest crafts mistake?


No comments:

Post a Comment