Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hexagon blanket

As I told you in the previous post, one of the projects I'm currently working on is a Hexagon blanket.
You probably all know Lucy who has a wonderful blog over at attic24. Over the years she has published some wonderful patterns, of which the blankets are the most wonderful to my opnion.
Previously, I made a squares blanket using her pattern and I started a ripple one, but wasn't pleased with the colors and the yarn, so I tossed it out.

The hexagon blanket has been on my to-hook list for a while now, and with the colder weather, I found it a good time to make one.

I ordered some acrylic yarn (Populair fin) in 16 different colors:

When I started working on the first rounds, I discovered that the yellow yarn, which you can see in the middle of the top row, didn't really fit in. So that left me with 15 different colors to make the 3 inner circles out of.
To make sure that all colors are represented equally, I started with a number of small circles per color:




I then made the second round with all the different colors around the smaller ones of which I forgot to take a picture...
After that all third rounds were added



 Then, I laid out all the circles in a way that it was sort of random, but without certain colors being over- or underrepresented in parts of the blanket

 For the last round/border per hexagon I chose to use only one color, a purple-blue, which wasn't used in the previous rounds. The first round of the border looks like this


It makes it look like a beautiful flower, doesn't it?

I'm working on bordering all the hexa's up and putting them together now


I love how colorful it is, but that the purple border holds it all together. :)
I'm off to continue joining the hexagons now, can't wait for it to be finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment