Friday, January 6, 2012

More magimix

Last weekend I baked this wonderful almond cake. It's super duper easy and very very very delicious. What's even better: it stays nice and fresh and moisty for a couple of days!

I must say that the magimix makes it a lot more fun (and less of a mess I must admit). I just threw in some roughly chopped butter and some roughly chopped marzipan (which gives the cake the almond flavor and the moisty feel) and it was done in a sec. Well ok, I had to add some more ingredients, and beat the egg whites seperately. But still, it was done so much faster than when I had to do it by hand.

It looks delicious, doesn't it?


The recipe:
250 grams soft butter
250 gr marzipan (room temperature)
150 gr sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp almond essence
6 large eggs
150 gr selfraising flour

Use a foodprocessor to mix the butter and marzipan with the sugar. Add the vanilla and almond essence. Split the eggs and add the yolks. Whip the egg whites until they form firm peaks. Stir them into the batter. Mix in the flour gently, don't beat it!

Pour the mixture into a baking tray and bake at 170 degrees Celcius (around 340 F) for 40 to 50 minutes.

I hope you'll enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment