Saturday, August 31, 2013

It's been a while

Well, I guess that's kind of an understatement...

I had a hard time coping with some things. I had a miscarriage in the beginning of last year, two family members were terminally ill, we had to find a new home (it was our 4th temporary home within a little over 2 years) and W just couldn't finish his Masters thesis, costing us a lot of stress and money. It was just too much to deal with.

Now I'm in a much better place. I got pregnant a couple of months after the miscarriage and we now have a beautiful little girl, J, born on the 8th of february. We found a new home where we can stay as long as we want. W finished his thesis.
In between caring for a little baby, work, and housekeeping there's less time for crafting en me-time, but that's ok. I'm in a pretty good place right now! :D

I'm not sure whether I'll have the time to get back to blogging, but I do want to try. I've doing a lot of sewing lately, so there's lots and lots to show you. My family gave me a serger for my 30th birthday. BEST PRESENT EVER!! I love it! Baby clothes are mostly made of jersey and sweat fabric, so a serger was kind of a necessity. ;)

It's this one:

Nothing too fancy, but it works like a charm. I'll try to show some of the projects I've made on it so far.

It's great to be back!

For now I want to leave you with my Pinterest boards. I had a Cakes ' Crafts Pinterest account, but just didn't get around to pinning to my personal one and this one. So I decided to just stick with one account: this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment